Pretty Impressed is a start up beauty and style blog geared towards crazy busy moms. Do you wonder how some of NYC’s most successful working moms in the beauty, fashion and media industries get it all done while looking so effortlessly chic? It’s their job to look amazing, despite how much is going on in their jam-packed personal life. We have the inside scoop on their beauty, fashion and life-coping tips, plus product reviews, style updates and fun beauty ideas for kids.
Pretty Impressed is looking for an ambitious, bright intern who’s passionate about learning how to create a blog and market it. The intern responsibilities will be to assist Rachel Hayes, founder of Pretty Impressed and former Beauty Director of Cosmo and Editor-in-Chief of DailyMakeover.com, in the following editorial tasks:
• Build momentum on social media channels Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+ and Instagram by scheduling posts and organizing giveaways.
• Attend beauty press events for new product launches, then pitching editorial ideas around them.
• Gather jpegs and press materials for scheduled posts.
• Input content and images into Wordpress, including SEO fields, tags, and in-copy links.
• Shoot products for blog posts and social media posts.
• Track and plan editorial calendar.
• Generate traffic by reaching out to partner sites to swap content and links.
• Code and schedule weekly newsletter (coming soon).
• Should have a grasp of the competitive landscape of online beauty and style sites, and a passion for trend spotting.
• Previous blogging experience is a plus
• Working knowledge of the social web
• Detail-oriented and willing to work on a range of editorial tasks
• Must be HTML literate and comfortable with web publishing standards
• Strong editing, grammar, and online writing skills
• Familiarity with SEO, RSS, Twitter, Facebook and other social media is a plus
• Photoshop skills, experience with blog publishing and content management systems is a plus
Start and end dates are flexible. Required minimum of 10 hours of work per week.