Asia Society, a prestigious non-profit institution that is the leading force in forging closer ties between Asia and the West through arts, education, policy and business outreach, is looking for a talented Video Production Intern to help create editorial content for its award-winning online team. The ideal candidate would be proficient in Final Cut Pro and be able to work independently.
The Video Production Intern will be responsible for the following areas:
- Help online team produce rich-media editorial content for our institutional website (AsiaSociety.org).
- Edit and produce video packages.
- Identify newsworthy clips and spotlight the best of complete programs.
- Convert and compress videos as required.
- Help produce content for syndication through YouTube, Fora.tv, iTunes and other content partners.
- Assist with video shoots and interviews.
- Proficiency in Final Cut Pro, iMovie and Photoshop.
- Strong video and audio editing skills.
- Strong news judgment.
- Basic HTML and CMS (especially in Drupal platform) preferred.
- Knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest) preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure/time constraints.
- Good organization skills and ability to work independently required.
The Video Production Intern is expected to work at least 20 hours per week, for a minimum of nine to 12 weeks, at Asia Society headquarters on Park Avenue. Specific schedules can be designed to meet the individual needs of the intern. Please indicate the days and hours you are available to work in your application. The internship is unpaid. School credit is available.
How to apply:
Please email cover letter, resumé, and links to three relevant video samples to:
Multimedia Producer, Asia Society Online
No phone calls, please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
About Asia Society:
Asia Society is the leading educational organization dedicated to promoting mutual understanding and strengthening partnerships among peoples, leaders and institutions of Asia and the United States in a global context. Across the fields of arts, business, culture, education, and policy, the Society provides insight, generates ideas, and promotes collaboration to address present challenges and create a shared future.
Founded in 1956 by John D. Rockefeller 3rd, Asia Society is a nonpartisan, nonprofit institution with headquarters in New York, centers in Hong Kong and Houston, and affiliated offices in Los Angeles, Manila, Mumbai, San Francisco, Seoul, Shanghai, Sydney, and Washington, DC.
Asia Society is an equal-opportunity employer.
Contact e-mail: email@example.com